QuMind ("QuMind", "we" / "our" / "us") is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to participate in the Guestlist Research Community Panel at any time, please see the section “your rights” below.
We hope this policy will reassure you that QuMind will act sensitively, responsibly and legally with the information that you provide, and will not sell or market to you as a result of anything you tell us in a survey. We will not pass any of your details on to third parties unless you provide clear instructions to do so.
What is covered?
- Information we hold about you
- How we use your information
- Security and protection of your information
- Your rights
- How to change or deactivate your information
- Contact details
Collection of Your Information
QuMind is the data controller.
We collect information that you share with us through your use of the Guestlist Research Community Panel, for example, information provided by you:
- at the time of registering to use the Guestlist Research Community Panel
- by participating in our online surveys, polls and discussions or prize draws
- by posting material on the Guestlist Research Community Panel
- by submitting enquiries using the contact details posted on the Guestlist Research Community Panel
- We may also ask you for information if you report a problem with the Guestlist Research Community Panel
We may also collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our client in a summarised form. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not directly identify any individual.
Information we hold about you
QuMind is an Online Research Agency that collects data on behalf of third party clients, in this case the Guestlist Research Community Panel.
Any information we collect from you is based on your consent. QuMind processes your personal information for carefully considered and specific research purposes which are in our third party clients' interests and enable them to enhance the services they provide, but which we believe also benefit our third party clients' customers. Please see “Use of your information” for more detail.
QuMind data is reported in aggregate format only. That is, no names, addresses or telephone numbers are attached to any answers (or provided at all to the third party client), but instead answers are provided as counts and percentages. QuMind will only share aggregate data with Greene King. Please click here to find out more information about Greene King. This means that only QuMind has access to personal details of the individual, which we hold only as a means of future contact with those who have signed up for research or who have entered prize draws or signed up to our newsletter, not as a way of selling or marketing. Automated decision making is used from time to time in order to segment interview responses QuMind collect from you. This is used for Research Purposes to provide deeper insights for Greene King. This is in order for them to better understand their customers and improve their services.
In order to participate in the Guestlist Research Community Panel, we require certain personal data. Please refer to “Use of your information” for more detail. This will generally include your name, your email address, and some basic demographic information (how old you are, whether you are male or female etc.) QuMind will hold only the details that we need for you at that time. We will only ask for information such as postal address when it is necessary as part of the research that we send something to you in the post, for example if you have won a prize.
QuMind will only interview children under the age of 18 where it is possible to first obtain parental permission. This conforms to the MRS code of conduct.
Use of your information
Personal information you have given to us will never be sold by QuMind. QuMind will hold your personal information securely in the UK. We share aggregated information with Greene King; unless we specify otherwise in the terms of a survey or site, this is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person or organisation. We may, on occasion, match your answers to other information held about you on other databases. Again, this will only be reported back to Greene King as aggregated data.
We may use the information we collect from you for the following purposes:
- to contact you by email to invite you to take part in specific research surveys on behalf of our clients;
- to inform you of the benefits you will receive as a result of your registering to use our Website and participating in surveys
- to create a database consisting of individuals who have agreed to take part in research surveys;
- to process your answers to surveys and summarise the results (in aggregated form which does not identify you);
- to enter you in prize draws, to contact you if you win and to send you any prizes;
- to obtain your views on consumer and business products, services and the activities of the Website;
- to provide you with information and services that you request from us;
- to help us improve our services, for example by acting on the information you provide us or to deal with any concerns or complaints you raise;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to notify you about changes to our service. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may share your personal information with our clients for the purposes of identifying the winner of a prize draw you have entered and fulfilling the terms of the prize draw. Terms of our prize draw
You have the right to withdraw from taking part in a survey on the Guestlist Research Community Panel.
You have the right to ask us to destroy a record of your response to a survey after you have submitted your answers on the Guestlist Research Community Panel and we will ensure that your response is not used in our analysis provided that we have not already shared it in an aggregated form with Greene King.
- You can also unsubscribe/withdraw your consent from the Guestlist Research Community Panel, our newsletter or from our prize draws by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link contained in any of the emails we send to you.
- You have the right to ask us to delete records of your interviews and any other data held about you at any time.
- You will also have the right to rectify, restrict or object to the processing of your personal information (including profiling) in accordance with the proceedings laid down by applicable laws and regulations.
- You have the right to request the data we hold on you in a commonly used electronic format for information purposes or to transfer to another source, free of charge.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority such as the Information Commissioner’s Office (ico.org.uk).
- You can exercise those rights by emailing QuMind at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to our Data Protection Officer Mark Ursell, 3 Brook Business Centre, Cowley Mill Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 2FX.
Cookies are used sparingly and only for validation and to prevent repeat surveying.
You can configure your browser to notify you when cookies are being placed on your computer. You can also delete cookies by adjusting your browser settings. For more detailed information about cookies and how they can be managed and deleted please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Security and Storage of Information Collected
QuMind are committed to maintaining the security of the data we collect and has appropriate security measures in place to protect against loss, misuse or alteration of such information. Employees or agents of QuMind can only access data by use of authorised user name, passwords and two-step verification.
QuMind will only hold your personally identifiable member data as long as you are a member of Guestlist Research Community Panel. If you decide to withdraw your consent to participating in the panel, your personally identifiable member data will be deleted immediately. We review the panel every 6 months and remove non-active members, we will contact you beforehand to make you aware of any inactivity on your account. Any member data we hold thereafter will be in aggregate format for research purposes ONLY to allow for tracking long term trends in consumer behaviour. That is, no names, addresses or telephone numbers are attached to any answers, but instead answers are provided as counts and percentages.
All our online resources are appropriately secured with firewall, packet filtering, port blocking software and updated with the latest security patches. Our servers are based in the UK meaning your information is stored and will never leave the UK. The information that we collect from you in aggregate format.
Where required we offer SSL (secure sockets layer) (indicated by https:// in the address bar) secured web services to offer encrypted web traffic and authentication by Thawte.
Remote administration and data retrieval (e.g. databases) is achieved through encrypted communication with the remote computers and means all traffic including passwords and user information is indiscernible if intercepted on the way.
QuMind follows the requirements of the following laws and codes:
- Data Protection Act 2018 (Registration:Z461462X)
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Market Research Society (MRS) Code of Conduct
- ESOMAR (European Society for Opinion and Marketing Research)
- International Code of Marketing and Social Research Practice
If you would like to change or deactivate personal information you have submitted in a QuMind survey, you can email us at email@example.com
QuMind appointed Data Protection officer:
QuMind can be contacted directly at:
Tel: 0870 161 1850